Autumn at Triskel
Triskel Arts Centre are powering ahead with an exciting Autumn programme. We’ll welcome back long-term partners the National String Quartet Foundation and Cork Folk Festival as well as acts from Music Network as part of a programme that brings classical, jazz and music from singer-songwriters to the people of Cork.
Our recent experience with Triskel Courtyard proved to us how much the live experience means to people – to both audiences and performers and the whole team is looking forward to having a range of musicians on the Triskel stage over the coming months.
Cellist Aoife Burke will curate another series of the popular Spotlight concerts, which showcases a wide range of repertoire and a wide variety of instrumental formations., while Soul in the City brings Laoise Leahy and Karen Underwood to Triskel for sold-out concerts. Another concert to sell out is one with Iarla Ó Lionáird, Úna Monaghan and Kevin Murphy on 10 September as part a Music Network nationwide tour.
Cork Folk Festival returns Fri 30 September – Sun 3 October. Stay tuned for details of the concerts.
Music isn’t the only artform on the programme for Autumn. Triskel Gallery Space will host a new exhibition from 16 September. Exercises in Speaking Out, Volume 2 (Architecture) is part of an ongoing series of photographic collages by Aikaterini Gegisian that rewrites the history of photography according to eight topologies – nude, architecture, botanical, portraiture, interiors, wildlife, landscape and product – through exposing the patriarchal mechanics behind the material, chemical and technological processes of image production. The current exhibition by Amanda Rice is on display until Sunday 12 September and addresses a variety of issues related to humanity’s impact on Earth’s ecosystems.
For more information and to purchase tickets, click the links below. We will announce details of the Cork Folk Festival concerts and our concerts for the Jazz Weekend in due course. Make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter to be the first to get all the news!
Autumn at Triskel Programme
- Fri 3 Sept Laoise Leahy – Soul in the City 8pm
- Sun 5 Sept Karen Underwood – Soul in the City 8pm
- Fri 10 Sept Iarla Ó Lionáird, Úna Monaghan and Kevin Murphy – Music Network 8pm
- Sat 11 Sept Esposito Quartet – National String Quartet Foundation 1pm
- Thurs 16 Sept Opening of Exercises in Speaking Out, Volume 2 (Architecture) by Aikaterini Gegesian
- Fri 17 Sept Culture Night
- Sat 18 Sept Spotlight Chamber Music Series #1 1pm
- Fri 8 Oct Mairéad Hickey and Anaïs Gaudemard – Music Network 8pm
- Sat 9 Oct Callino Quartet – National String Quartet Foundation 1pm
- Sat 16 Oct Spotlight Chamber Music Series #2 1pm
- Sat 16 Oct John Blek 8pm
- Sun 24 Oct Kit Downes’ Dreamlife of Debris 8pm
- Sat 13 Nov Spotlight Chamber Music Series #3 1pm
- Sat 27 Nov Navarra Quartet – National String Quartet Foundation 1pm
- Sat 11 Dec Ficino Quartet – National String Quartet Foundation 1pm
- Sat 18 Dec Spotlight Chamber Music Series #4 1pm