Accessibility & Inclusivity
Accessibility is the quality of being able to be reached or entered, being easy to obtain or use, being easily understood or appreciated. It is achieved through a participatory framework of working with disabled/marginalised people to create access and develop solutions with dignity, agency and creativity. (Thanks to Tilting the Lens for this defintion,)
Inclusivity is the practice or policy of providing equal access to opportunities and resources for people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalised. It is a continuous and evolving practice to put accessibility and inclusivity at the core of an organisation.
Triskel has chosen to approach inclusion and access creatively, through invitation, dialogue, and solutions. We will update this page with accessibility information and solutions regularly.
- Access is via our main entrance on Tobin Street
- There is a lift from the Box Office/foyer area on the ground floor to the main floor of Triskel Christchurch
- Once through the main door of Triskel Christchurch, there is a ramp to your left that takes you to the main seating area
- The entire central aisle is available to wheelchair users
- When booking your tickets, we advise booking an aisle seat in any row (or an aisle seat and the one adjacent if coming with a friend/carer)
- You can place your chair alongside that row and enjoy the show
- We have two accessible toilets, one in the Box Office/foyer area on the ground floor, the other on the first floor (same floor as the main floor of Triskel Christchurch)
- The accessible toilet on the ground floor contains a baby changing table
- The accessible toilets are usuable by any gender
Partnership with Cork Traveller Women’s Network
CTWN have had their headquarters at Triskel since 2018. It is a partnership we are proud of and continue to nurture. Triskel staff have undertaken Traveller Culture Awareness training and work closely with the group on their arts and culture programme.
You can purchase tickets for our film screenings and live music concerts via our website. If you’d prefer to manage this with a person, you can do so in-person or by phoning our Box Office during Box Office Opening Hours.