Cork World Book Fest 2023 at Triskel
Cork World Book Fest is a highlight of the literary calendar in Cork, bringing an extraganza of books and writers to the city each April. The fest incorporates UNESCO World Literature Day on 23 April, giving us the perfect excuse to celebrate all that’s wonderful about books and writers and reading.
This year, there are 7 events happening here in Triskel:
- Fri 21 Apr 5pm Unravel the mystery of Irish Crime Writing
- Fri 21 Apr 6pm A Celebration of Debut Novels from Two Cork Writers
- Fri 21 Apr 7pm Poets Mary Noonan + James Finnegan
- Fri 21 Apr 8pm Queering the Green: Anthology of LGBTQ+ poetry from Ireland
- Sat 22 Apr 3pm Joseph O’Connor My Father’s House – a literary thriller, presented by Mary Morrissy
- Sat 22 Apr 6.30pm REIC Irish Language Spoken Word le Shéamus Barra Ó Súilleabháin, Julie Goo, is Ben Mac Caoilte. Le bean an tí Ciara Ní É
- Sat 22 Apr 8pm Paul Muldoon Howdie Skelp – a Call to Poetry, introduced by Thomas McCarthy
Most events are free – €5 for the Joseph O’Connor and Paul Muldoon events (or €8 if you get a ticket for both). Book now to secure your favourite seat!
You will get to enjoy so many more literary events in Cork City Library, on Grand Parade and Tuckey Street from 18-23 April. Check out the full programme of events or pick up a brochure in Triskel or in the libraries.