Things to Note when Visiting Triskel
We look forward to welcoming audience members back again to Triskel Arts Centre.
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our audience members, team members, and in ongoing eﬀorts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice before and during your visit. We continue to monitor all guidelines and will update and revise below accordingly.
We are committed to the Health & Safety of our staff and audiences. And we are operating under the agreed protocols described under “Guidance documents for the Safe Operations of Cinemas during COVID-19 Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021”, a copy of which can be found here.
- Triskel Gallery Space is open Wednesday–Sunday 11am–6pm.
- Triskel Cafe is open Thursday & Sunday 11am–6pm; Friday & Saturday 11am–7.30pm.
- Triskel Cinema is back – please visit the Cinema page for details of upcoming screenings.
- There will not be a physical Box Office at the venue and you will not be able to purchase, collect or check tickets at the venue. If you have any queries, please email TriskelBoxOffice[@]TriskelArtsCentre[.]ie
Before your visit
Please note we ask that you do not visit Triskel if you:
- are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
- are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- are self-isolating or restricting your movements.
- have been diagnosed with confirmed COVID-19 infection in the last 10 days.
- are a close contact of a person who is a confirmed case COVID-19 in the past 14 days (i.e. less than 2m for more than 15 minutes).
- have been advised by a doctor to isolate or cocoon.
- have returned from international travel and are not in compliance with government guidance.
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting throughout the building, particularly of high-touch point areas.
- Additional training and PPE have been provided for all employees.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are placed at key points throughout the building.
- Additional signage to promote hand washing and best hygiene practices has been posted throughout the building
- We “fog” sanitise the building prior to events.
- Booking is not required to visit Triskel Gallery Space although we will ask you to leave your details for contract tracing purposes.
- Online booking in advance is required for all audience members attending Triskel Cinema and Triskel Music events to ensure safe and comfortable capacity and limited contact admissions. You will not be able to purchase tickets at the venue. We do not charge booking fees.
- You will find the link to your e-ticket in your purchase confirmation email. You will need to show this e-ticket when you arrive. Alternatively, you can print the e-ticket at home and bring that.
- PLEASE NOTE: Patrons will need to be immune (fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 within the previous 6 months) or accompanied minors (under 18), in line with sectoral guidance. Patrons must present their EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE and photo ID (on their phone if possible) upon entry to the venue and will be asked to wear a mask during the performance.
- If you have any queries, please email TriskelBoxOffice[@]TriskelArtsCentre[.]ie
Arriving at Triskel
- Entry for Triskel Gallery Space is on Tobin Street. We will ask you to leave your details for contract tracing purposes at our Box Office. Then go up the main stairs, turn to your left and the Gallery Space is at the end of the hall.
- Entry for Triskel Cinema and Triskel Music events is on Tobin Street. Doors will open 15 minutes ahead of the screening/show time. Please arrive with enough time to get through the entry process and reach your seat.
- Please note all performances in Triskel Christchurch begin at their stated time. Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Patrons must present their EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE and photo ID (on their phone if possible) upon entry to the venue.
- YOU MUST wear a face covering while in Triskel, including during screenings/performances. Triskel Arts Centre reserves the right to refuse admission to the venue where we believe the Health and Safety of Patrons, Artists or Staff is being compromised.
- Please have your e-ticket open on your phone so that it may be scanned by a member of staff. Or, if you choose to print the ticket at home, please show that.
- Only food and beverages purchased on the premises may be consumed on the premises.
- You must remain in your allocated seat throughout the screening/performance.
- We may ask you to allow us to check your temperature. If your temperature is above 37.5˚C, you will not be admitted to the Gallery Space or Triskel Christchurch. We will refund your ticket in this case.
Social distancing and queues
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines.
- You are reminded by signage to ensure you are socially distanced from others while in Triskel.
- We will endeavour to keep queues as short as possible.
- A maximum of four (4) people are permitted in Triskel Gallery Space at any one time.
- As an Historic building, Christchurch does not have a Mechanical Ventilation System. Triskel has instead developed a Ventilation Plan – which is on display at the entrance to the venue. The purpose of the Plan is to strike a balance between the comfort of everyone in Christchurch and the need to ensure that there is adequate fresh air circulating in the Church.
- Triskel has 3 Air Purifiers located in the Upper Gallery, and 2 Co2 Meters located in the Church. By combining fresh air with purification and measuring air quality, we have done what we can to ensure the church is sanitised and ventilated.
To help to ensure a safe controlled environment for our audiences, Triskel will be adhering to all Government Guidelines and visitors to our Gallery Space will be required to supply details for contact tracing purposes on entry. Anyone attending Triskel Cinema or music events in Triskel Christchurch will leave their details when purchasing tickets online and will not be required to do so again upon attending at Triskel.
During the registration process, you will be asked for certain mandatory contact information. In the event of an outbreak of COVID-19 in Triskel, Triskel is obliged, under HSE guidelines, to share the following information with the HSE for contact tracing purposes:
- your name
- the number of guests in your party
- a telephone number
- the date of your visit
This information may be shared with the HSE for up to 30 days following your visit. Please note that no other information will be shared by Triskel with the HSE.
- Use of the lift/elevator will be limited to one person only (and a carer).
- The maximum number per bathroom is 4 people in the ladies’, 2 people in the men’s and 1 person in the accessible toilet, and therefore queueing at busy times may be necessary. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause.
What can you do to help us promote a healthy environment?
We are doing all we can to promote a healthy environment, and in doing so, we also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others. Throughout your experience, please be mindful of current Government and HSE guidelines as well as public health recommendations:
- If you or a member of your party has a temperature or is feeling unwell, please visit us another time. We will refund your order up to 48 hours before the event date.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least two metres away from others who are not part of your party and do not shake hands or hug.
- Please keep your party together to help maintain social distancing with other audience members.
- If you must cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, not into your hand or into the air.
- The wearing of face coverings is required while in an enclosed space as per the Government guidelines.
Our staﬀ are here to assist you with a safe journey through the building. We look forward to seeing you all again.