Posted: August 2nd, 2013
This activity was previously titled ‘common operation’. The essential aspects are detailed below.
Definition: The network activity can be conceived as a single activity or as a coherent programme of several actions built upon the social and cultural diversity specific to each country.
- Aim: facilitating mutual knowledge among members, development of partnerships and collaborations for the promotion of intercultural dialogue at local and national level, therefore resulting in a strengthened network.
- Budget for the Network Activity is 10,000 euro. Budget categories for activity (activities) include:
|4.2.1 Accommodation (per person)|
|4.2.2 Transportation (per person)|
|4.2.3 Catering (meals/coffee breaks) (per person)|
|4.2.4 Expert/Trainer fees (per person)|
|4.2.5 Venue rental (per unit)|
|4.2.6 Equipment rental (per unity)|
|4.2.7 Other costs (please specify)|
- A consortium of a minimum of 8 Network organizations/individuals WITHIN the Irish network must be committed and involved in the activity. Additional cooperation with organisations which are not ALF members.
- Cooperation with neighbouring national networks or member organisations from the Southern networks is possible and desirable in order to address common issues. *
- ‘Fields of action’ should involve one or more of the following 4 thematic priorities:
- Culture and creativity
- Education and intercultural learning
- Urban spaces and citizenship
- Media and public opinion
- Target groups are: YOUTH (in order to involve them in a culture of dialogue and critical thinking to face common challenges) and WOMEN(as key actors for change. Priority is given to network activities including the involvement/participation of:
- Civil society actors acting as multipliers
- Discriminated social groups and individuals, as the most vulnerable component of society.
- Minorities, as they enrich the social and cultural diversity and represent a human bridge among cultures;
- Local stakeholders having an incidence on the social context where the Network Activity is implemented.
- Eligible formats for the Network Activity:
– Festivals, artistic events and productions;
– Exchange schemes
– Awareness raising campaigns/advocacy
– Training/capacity building activities;
– Production of toolkits;
– Roundtables, conferences, seminars, workshops, forums.
If you have any suggestions/proposals please send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Fri 6 September 2013.